Riverdale tenants without heat after fire

Dozens of Riverdale residents were left without heat and gas following an electrical fire in their building on Fieldstone Terrace Monday.Officials say a contractor working

THE BRONX - Dozens of Riverdale residents were left without heat and gas following an electrical fire in their building on Fieldstone Terrace Monday.

Officials say a contractor working on sewers hit a power line that sparked a fire in the electrical panel at 255 Fieldstone Terrace. One apartment was completely gutted, and at least five people sustained minor injuries.

Tenants say the fire also damaged the boiler that supplies the building's gas, heat and hot water, leaving 77 families in the cold and without the ability to prepare meals.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

The students at The Bronx Academy for Software 1 Local school celebrates Computer Science Education Week
2 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 3 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction
4 VIDEO: 2 men rob Bronx deli workers at gunpoint
The former tenant who lived in the same 5 Former tenant says she reported malfunctioning radiator that killed sisters in 2015

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE