Several left homeless again after Melrose fire

Several Bronx families have been left homeless again after a fire in a Melrose apartment building.The early Friday fire broke out at 375 East 154th

MELROSE - Several Bronx families have been left homeless again after a fire in a Melrose apartment building.

The early Friday fire broke out at 375 East 154th St. Tenants say there were smoke detectors in the building, but they weren't working. The fire left the building without heat or electricity.

Many of the tenants used to live in shelters. The Red Cross has provided some help, but tenants say they may end up in a shelter once again.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
News 12 Interactive 2 Change to city's IDNYC policy sparks criticism
Parents say a norovirus outbreak at P.S. 83 3 Norovirus at P.S. 83 Annex sickens over 100 students
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 4 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
The Swim, Swim, Swim, I Say program, started 5 Bronx organization teaches kids, adults how to swim

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE