Sprinkler mishap damages Hoe Ave. apartments

THE BRONX - More than 100 units in a Hoe Avenue apartment building were severely damaged Monday after a sprinkler system went haywire.

Tenants at 951 Hoe Ave. say the fire sprinklers got set off when someone fired up their stove to stay warm. Tenants say the building's management has long been unable to provide sufficient heating.

According to the Department of Buildings, 951 Hoe Ave. does not have any open violations.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A body was found in the wooded area 1 Body found in wooded area near Eastchester bowling alley
NYPD officers gathered Friday in Longwood for the 2 NYPD officers walk for autism in Longwood
News 12 asked viewers what they thought about 3 Hudson Valley Talks Trump: First 100 days
News 12 asked viewers what they thought of 4 Connecticut Talks Trump: First 100 Days
A kid from the Bronx is one of 5 Actor from the Bronx stars in '13 Reasons Why'

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE