Sprinkler mishap damages Hoe Ave. apartments

More than 100 units in a Hoe Avenue apartment building were severely damaged Monday after a sprinkler system went haywire.Tenants at 951 Hoe Ave. say

THE BRONX - More than 100 units in a Hoe Avenue apartment building were severely damaged Monday after a sprinkler system went haywire.

Tenants at 951 Hoe Ave. say the fire sprinklers got set off when someone fired up their stove to stay warm. Tenants say the building's management has long been unable to provide sufficient heating.

According to the Department of Buildings, 951 Hoe Ave. does not have any open violations.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Bronx Sportscast, Jan. 23
VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks 2 VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks neighbors
Two children were struck by a school bus 3 School bus hits 2 children in Mott Haven
Con Edison has offered a few tips you 4 Con Ed offers storm safety tips
Jenny Gutierrez, Hector Quezada and Joel Hernandez were 5 Suspects in fatal restaurant beating appear in court

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE