Students back at I.S. 74 after CO scare

Students at a Hunts Point school returned to their normally scheduled classes Thursday after being evacuated during a carbon monoxide scare the day before.Firefighters responded

THE BRONX - Students at a Hunts Point school returned to their normally scheduled classes Thursday after being evacuated during a carbon monoxide scare the day before.

Firefighters responded to a child with a head injury at I.S. 74 Wednesday. Officials say when they arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors alerted them to the high levels of the deadly gas.

Six hundred students were evacuated and taken to a nearby school, where they waited for their parents.

Fire officials say it could take them several days to determine the source of the carbon monoxide leak. In the meantime, the Department of Education says the air quality at the school is back to normal.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A violent brawl captured on video Thursday night 1 City Island restaurant brawl captured on video
Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26 2 Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26
The victim's family tells News 12 emergency officials 3 VIDEO: Fatal apartment fire on Andrews Avenue
Bronx Rises Against Gun Violence, or BRAG, says 4 Group celebrates 1 year without shootings in target area
A 78-year-old woman was killed in a fire 5 78-year-old woman killed in Morris Heights apartment fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE