THE BRONX - Students at a Hunts Point school returned to their normally scheduled classes Thursday after being evacuated during a carbon monoxide scare the day before.

Firefighters responded to a child with a head injury at I.S. 74 Wednesday. Officials say when they arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors alerted them to the high levels of the deadly gas.

Six hundred students were evacuated and taken to a nearby school, where they waited for their parents.

Fire officials say it could take them several days to determine the source of the carbon monoxide leak. In the meantime, the Department of Education says the air quality at the school is back to normal.