Tenants living without gas 1 month after Walton Ave. fire

Many Morrisania tenants say they're still living without gas and struggling to get their homes back to normal after a six-alarm fire last month. According

THE BRONX - Many Morrisania tenants say they're still living without gas and struggling to get their homes back to normal after a six-alarm fire last month.

According to residents at 975 Walton Ave., gas service was cut off after faulty electric wiring caused flames to tear through their building, leaving dozens of apartments with fire and water damage.

Many tenants also say they can't afford their electric bills because of the air filters and water pumps being used inside their water-logged apartments. They say the management company has only offered a $5 reimbursement for the bills.

The management company says it's working closely with the Department of Buildings to get everything up and running again.

6-alarm fire wreaking havoc 2 weeks laterFDNY: Faulty wiring to blame for 6-alarm fire in Melrose

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A 21-year-old was critically injured after crashing his 1 21-year-old critically injured in crash on Bronx River Parkway
2 Neighborhood Brief for Feb. 26
Mount St. Michael wins CHSAA Archdiocesan title 3 Mount St. Michael wins CHSAA Archdiocesan title
A violent brawl captured on video Thursday night 4 City Island restaurant brawl captured on video
VIDEO: Scenes from fatal accident 5 VIDEO: Scenes from fatal accident

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE