Toddler OK after ceiling collapses

A two-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital Wednesday morning after part of the ceiling in her 1040 Grand Concourse apartment collapsed.The toddler, Diamond, was

THE BRONX - A two-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital Wednesday morning after part of the ceiling in her 1040 Grand Concourse apartment collapsed.

The toddler, Diamond, was treated for minor cuts and scratches at Lincoln Hospital and released hours later. Her parents say there was no indication that something was wrong with the ceiling.

This is the family's second safety concern. They moved into the apartment last week after the little girl suffered lead poisoning from another unit in the same building.

The super says the collapse may have started from a broken radiator that was leaking water from the above apartment and believes the building is safe for tenants.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Videos from inside the halls and classrooms of 1 Videos capture violent fights inside M.S. 232
A look at the highlights of the 2017 2 Highlights from the 2017 People's Choice Awards
News 12 The Bronx asked residents what they 3 Word on the Street: Inauguration Day
The Buzz: Bronx 3-month old dies after alleged 4 The Buzz: Bronx 3-month old dies after alleged abuse
VIDEO: Nonprofit opens food pantry at East Bronx 5 VIDEO: Nonprofit opens food pantry at East Bronx Academy

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE