Well-known Wakefield deli goes up in flames

Firefighters are trying to figure out what sparked an overnight fire that tore through a well-known deli in Wakefield. According to officials, Four Brothers Gourmet

THE BRONX - Firefighters are trying to figure out what sparked an overnight fire that tore through a well-known deli in Wakefield.

According to officials, Four Brothers Gourmet Deli on White Plains Road went up in flames at around 1 a.m. Monday. They say the family living upstairs was able to get to safety and no injuries were reported.

Building owner Anthony Savino says his grandfather started the business about 40 years ago and that the building remained in his family even though someone else now runs the shop.

The Red Cross says it's assisting six tenants with emergency housing, food and clothing.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
The students at The Bronx Academy for Software 2 Local school celebrates Computer Science Education Week
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 4 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 5 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE