+-

Woman hurt after flames tear through Marion Avenue apartment near East Fordham Road

Neighbors say the fire started in the kitchen

Neighbors say the fire started in the kitchen of a third-floor apartment on Marion Avenue. (May 12, 2014 8:44 AM)

A woman is recovering Monday morning after a fire tore through her apartment.

It took fire crews more than 30 minutes to put out the flames in the Marion Avenue apartment near East Fordham Road.

Neighbors say it started just before 4 p.m. Sunday in the woman's third-floor kitchen while she was cooking. They say she was badly burned around her ankles.

The woman was taken to Jacobi...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12