Woman hurt after flames tear through Marion Avenue apartment near East Fordham Road

A woman is recovering Monday morning after a fire tore through her apartment. It took fire crews more than 30 minutes to put out the

Neighbors say the fire started in the kitchen

Neighbors say the fire started in the kitchen of a third-floor apartment on Marion Avenue. (Credit: News 12 The Bronx)

THE BRONX - A woman is recovering Monday morning after a fire tore through her apartment.

It took fire crews more than 30 minutes to put out the flames in the Marion Avenue apartment near East Fordham Road.

Neighbors say it started just before 4 p.m. Sunday in the woman's third-floor kitchen while she was cooking. They say she was badly burned around her ankles.

The woman was taken to Jacobi Medical Center in serious condition.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Word on the Street: Amazon Go's checkout-free grocery 1 Word on the Street: Amazon Go's checkout-free grocery store
A thief swiped a cash register from a 2 Sources: Thief stole cash register, then cab as getaway car
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
4 Bronx Sportscast, Dec. 6
Curtis Younger is charged with criminal obstruction of 5 Mom, stepfather arrested in choking, beating of 8-year-old

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE