Work being done at Monsignor Scanlan H.S. to reopen Tuesday after being set ablaze

School officials say a portable heating system will

School officials say a portable heating system will be brought in due to the damage in the boiler room. (January 19, 2014 8:24 AM)

School administrators at Monsignor Scanlan High School have been working around the clock to resume classes this week after a fire ripped through the premises. Officials say the three-alarm fire started in the boiler room and extended to the church area of the Throggs Neck school after 6 p.m. They say three firefighters were injured. School administrators, including Principal Dr. Patrick McGuire...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?


advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

News 12 is featuring great tips to help Nutrition tips for a healthier you Viewers weigh in on trending topics in our Viewers weigh in on hot topics The latest, cool gadgets reviewed by News 12. A look at the hottest and latest gadgets