Lawyer for man charged in death of wife’s attacker seeks dismissal

Community leaders urged the Bronx district attorney to drop charges Wednesday against Mamadou Diallo, the Bronx man charged with assault and weapons possession in the death of a man who attempted to rape his wife.



Prosecutors said they were still waiting for results from an autopsy. Diallo's lawyer said the delays are taking an emotional and financial toll on his client's life.



"I don't want trouble, trouble came to me," Diallo said. The 61-year-old livery cab driver has been unable to return to work since his arrest.



"We appreciate the efforts of the DA, but it shouldn't take this long," said Diallo's lawyer, Anthony Michaels. "We shouldn't be in limbo. This case should be dismissed." 



Diallo is accused of beating Earl Nash to death with a tire iron. As News 12 has previously reported, the 43-year-old Nash entered Diallo's apartment and tried to rape his wife and another female relative.



Diallo is due back in court on Sept. 7.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."