Lotus Flame Restaurant goes up in flames
At least four firefighters and two tenants were injured in a Morris Park fire early Friday, officials say.
The victims received treatment for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The fire started around 2 a.m. in the basement of Lotus Flame Restaurant at 866 Morris Park Ave., according to authorities. It quickly spread to the residential apartments above.
The owner says the restaurant was not open at the time of the fire and will remain closed for repairs.
Nearly 140 firefighters responded to the scene, and it took about two hours to extinguish the blaze.
At least one family was displaced by the fire and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Sources say an electrical problem may have sparked the fire.