Bronx family homeless after 2-alarm fire destroys apartment

A Bronx family is homeless after a fire tore through three apartments Monday morning.



The two-alarm fire started on the second floor of 2350 Beaumont Ave. around 6 a.m. and spread upward into additional floors above.



Officials say a mattress may have caught fire initially sparking the blaze.



At least three people suffered minor injuries associated with smoke inhalation and were transported to Saint Barnabas Hospital in stable condition.



The fire took about an hour and a half to put out, according to officials.



At least one family was displaced in the fire and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."