High carbon monoxide levels send 4 to hospital in Melrose

Several people were hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in their Melrose apartment building.



The FDNY and NYPD responded to 232 East 165th St. just after 4 a.m. and evacuated the building due to the elevated carbon monoxide levels.



The fire department says 13 people were checked out at the scene; four ended up going to the hospital to be checked out.



Residents told News 12 one woman who went to the hospital had an asthma attack, and the high levels may have been caused by a faulty boiler.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."