Concourse Village tenant hasn’t had gas since March
An 85-year-old Concourse Village tenant says she hasn't had gas in her apartment since March 2016.
Esther Testman says the owners of 811 Walton Ave. shut off her gas line last March due to a gas leak.
She says the hot pot they provided her just isn't cutting it. Without the ability to cook a freshly prepared meal, Testman says she has to rely on canned goods like tuna or canned soup. She also says her electric bill is going up.
According to the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development, there are three other apartments in the building without gas.
News 12 reached out to the department and was told that gas lines in the basement need to be tested and replaced, and that the owner has filed the necessary paperwork for that construction.
News 12 also tried to reach the management company, but did not get a response.