Fire destroys Parkchester church sanctuary

A fire destroyed the sanctuary of a Parkchester church Monday afternoon.



The House of Freedom Worship Center fire occurred at around 2 p.m.



Pastor Steven Mercado says the fire was caused by a torch being used for construction next door.



The 25 members of the church will have to worship in a private home until they can get their sanctuary repaired or someone can donate a space or funds.



No one was injured in the fire.



The church was only 7 months old.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."