Flames damage sneaker store on East Fordham Road
A popular Bronx store is in shambles after flames broke out in the basement of its building.
Firefighters say they had to drill into the floor of the Magic Sneaker shop on East Fordham Road, near Decatur Avenue, early Friday morning, leaving floorboards ripped up near the front.
Shoes are also strewn everywhere, mannequins are damaged and there are pools of water on the floor. The back of the store appears to be mostly intact, along with neighboring businesses, but all merchandise will need to be replaced due to smoke damage.
Owner Albert Shaia says he's run the business for 20 years and is still in shock, but is relieved that no one was injured because everything else can be replaced.