Fire damages 4 apartments in Longwood
A fire ripped through a Longwood housing complex Friday, leaving several tenants without a home.
Fire officials say they received a call at around 3 a.m. for the two-alarm fire in an apartment complex at 783 Southern Blvd.
They say it took more than an hour to get the flames under control.
Tenants News 12 spoke with say the fire started inside an apartment on the sixth floor, which is the top floor, and quickly engulfed the roof and three other surrounding apartments.
Some say that their smoke alarms never went off and it was the sound of glass smashing on the floor and the smell of smoke that woke them up. Luckily, everyone escaped unharmed.
Fire officials are still investigating what sparked the flames.