FDNY: Lit cigarette cause of 6-alarm fire in Fordham

The FDNY says the cause of a six-alarm fire in the Bronx last week was due to a cigarette.



Officials say the fire is deemed accidental.



At least nine people were injured and 90 others were displaced after the fire on Dec. 11 in Fordham. The FDNY says the flames broke out around midnight on Valentine Avenue.



The city says it plans to demolish several buildings gutted in the fire, but faces delays from contractors and insurance companies.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."