Officials: Missing CT boy found safe after NY Amber alert
A missing Connecticut boy who was allegedly abducted by his estranged father has been found safe, officials say.
The disappearance of 7-year-old Ariel Revello prompted an Amber alert Saturday morning. That alert has since been canceled, but police say Revello's father, 47-year-old Rodolfo Revello, remains at large.
Police say they were called to the boy's mother's house on Unity Road in Trumbull, Connecticut around 4:30 a.m. Saturday after his father broke in. Rodolfo Revello assaulted the boy's mother with a knife, investigators say.
Officials say the mother escaped by jumping out of a window and hiding in the yard. Police say the estranged husband then stole thousands of dollars of cash and jewelry, and also took the boy.
Police had said they were possibly bound for the Bronx in New York, prompting an Amber alert to be issued in that state as well. However, the alerts were canceled Saturday evening and officials said the boy had been found safe in Queens, New York.
They said the boy's father called police and said he was leaving Ariel with a relative. Police responded to the location and found Ariel unharmed, and are reuniting him with his mother.
Trumbull officials say the elder Revello has not yet been located. He is described as a Hispanic male with a bald head and brown eyes. He is approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 190 pounds.
Police say Revello has a criminal record and that there was a restraining order in effect against him.