Good Samaritan rescues toddler from burning building in Soundview

A good Samaritan was able to rescue a toddler from a burning building in Soundview Friday afternoon.



The fire broke at 1242 Croes Ave. shortly after noon.



The good Samaritan saved a 1-year-old from the flames and lifted the child over a fence to safety as firefighters rushed to the scene. The rescue was captured on video.



News 12 The Bronx has learned that four out of the 13 family members were home at the time of the fire. Meanwhile, another good Samaritan helped rescue a little girl who was trying to get out of the home with her mother.



One firefighter was treated for minor injuries.



Members of the Aramprasaud family say they have nothing left and are not sure what's next for them.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."