Family displaced, dog killed after fire in Parkchester

A family was displaced and a dog was killed after a fire broke out inside their Bronx apartment Tuesday, according to officials.



The fire broke out on 2258 Newbold Ave. in Parkchester after 6 a.m. 



About 50 firefighters battled the fire for about an hour.



Fire officials say fire started inside of a unit on the first floor and that everyone was able to get out of the building uninjured.



However, a dog died in the fire.



The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."