Parents file suit over deaths of children after radiator malfunction

The parents of two young girls who were killed by a radiator malfunction last year are planning on suing the city and their landlord.



As News 12 reported in December, Scylee Vayoh Ambrose and Ibanez Ambrose, 1 and 2 years old, received burns on their faces and bodies after a malfunctioning radiator blasted them with scalding steam inside their Hunts Point Avenue home.



Their parents, Danielle McGuire and Peter Ambrose, filed a notice of claim against the city Wednesday, as well as their landlord Moshe Piller and the corporation that operated the building where the family lived.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."