Neighbor: Escaped bulls have overstayed their welcomePosted: Updated:
A Howell Township farm owner says her neighbor’s bulls that escaped during a snowstorm have overstayed their welcome on her property.
Francesca Julian says that five bulls made their way on to her property after they escaped their enclosure during the March 21 nor’easter. She says that she has been taking care of them ever since and is asking her neighbor, Herb Celler, to come bring back the bulls.
Julian says that the bulls are hungry and can be dangerous. She also says that since she has female cattle on her property, the bulls could get rowdy and escape.
“If they get out at night and they go through the woods…they’re on the road,” she says. “They’re dark, they’re black. [Drivers are] not going to see them. It’s like hitting a brick wall.”
She says that she has the bulls in an area that is only about 20 yards deep and that the fence is only held together with wire.
“They can jump the fence. There’s not hot wire here. This is unsafe for them,” Julian says.
Julian’s partner Dante Metta says that he has spoken with Celler about taking the bulls back. Metta says that Celler has assured him that he will come take the bulls back home by 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Metta says that he borrowed a horse trailer from a friend and that he plans on building some fencing to try to corral the bulls.
“We maybe can get two at a time, three at a time and bring them back home,” he says.
Howell Township police were called out to the area last Thursday to try to handle one of the bulls that broke off from the herd.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Families from across New Jersey came together Sunday in Bradley Beach to remember babies who have died.
- Hundreds of thousands of BTS fans are heading to MetLife Stadium Sunday evening for the second show of the weekend, making for a potential messy commute.
- Oprah Winfrey made a surprise visit to a New Jersey high school to say she's giving $500,000 to an initiative aimed at keeping kids off the streets from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- The final episode of "Game of Thrones" airs Sunday. Who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne?The final episode of "Game of Thrones" airs Sunday. Who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne?
- Some strong to severe thunderstorms were sweeping across parts of New Jersey this evening, following a warm Sunday afternoon.Some strong to severe thunderstorms were sweeping across parts of New Jersey this evening, following a warm Sunday afternoon.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- News 12 wants to see photos of how you spend Mother's Day honoring your mother, grandmother or any other special woman in your life!