#N12BX: Food stamps and drug testingPosted: Updated:
People who use food stamps may soon be required to take drug tests.
The Trump administration says it is thinking about letting states drug test food stamp recipients.
Particularly, those who are able-bodied and with no dependents.
That's a small majority of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or "Snap."
It would be a big win for conservatives who have wanted to implement the rule for a long time.
Supporters say it would save money and lessen dependency on the states.
Those opposed say it's unconstitutional.
Currently, it is illegal for states to create their own rules on food stamp eligibility.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?