Police find bomb-making materials, guns inside Baychester homePosted: Updated:
Police and federal agents discovered bomb-making materials and guns while investigating a possible drug den on Palmer Avenue in Baychester.
Authorities began searching 2205 Palmer Ave. early Tuesday after getting a tip that a resident was receiving an unusual amount of deliveries, according to published reports. The bomb squad was called in after authorities reportedly found chemicals and weapon parts.
The district attorney says the suspect, Richard Laugel, was out on bail when police conducted the drug raid. Police are reportedly looking for Laugel, who is listed as a resident of the address.
Laugel, 38, was arrested two years ago in connection to a car explosion at the corner of Roberts and Mahan avenues. Laugel was indicted on attempted murder charges in addition to a host of other charges. The district attorney's office tells News 12 that Laugel was in court last week, and his trial is set to start next week in that case.
Residents say the news is scary because there are young kids in the area. One neighbor says she has seen Laugel before and didn't find anything unusual about him.
- Neighbors from Mott Haven gathered with Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. for a rally Sunday on the steps of City Hall.
- Mueller also investigated whether Trump obstructed justice but did not come to a definitive answer.Mueller also investigated whether Trump obstructed justice but did not come to a definitive answer.
On the final day of the high school basketball season in New York, longtime Mount Saint Michael Academy coach Rich Tricario is inducted into the State Hall of Fame and we take a behind the scenes look at South Bronx Prep’s heartbreaking loss in the Federation semifinals.
- Ocasio-Cortez spoke about racial injustice and the strides that women -- and women of color -- are making today.
- Congestion pricing advocates and opponents were squaring off Sunday at an event in Manhattan.Congestion pricing advocates and opponents were squaring off Sunday at an event in Manhattan.
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.
- The 2019 New York City St. Patrick's Day parade was held Saturday, March 16 along Fifth Avenue, from 44th Street to 79th Street.
- Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.