#N12BX: Remembering 9/11Posted: Updated:
Events are being held around the city Tuesday in remembrance of those lost 17 years ago on Sept. 11, 2001.
The annual commemoration ceremony will be held at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. A ceremony will also start at 8 a.m. at St. Paul’s Chapel, across from ground zero.
A candlelight ceremony will be held in Coney Island at 7 p.m. at the Brooklyn Wall of Remembrance.
Sen. Marty Golden will also host a remembrance ceremony in Bay Ridge at that time with a candle-lighting ceremony, a 21-gun salute and a moment of silence.
Many are observing the anniversary as a day of service to give back to their communities and honor the bravery of those who banded together across the city in the aftermath of the attacks.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?