#N12BX: Pre-K centersPosted: Updated:
Is your child's pre-K center safe?
The city's Health Department failed to inspect dozens of pre-K centers last year, according to an audit by Comptroller Scott Stringer.
According to the audit, the Health Department is supposed to inspect pre-K centers in the city twice a year.
One of the inspections focuses on curriculum, and the other focuses on physical conditions.
Five-hundred-and-thirty-one of the over 1,000 audited pre-K centers in the city saw only one inspection, and 73 were not inspected at all.
Fifty-three of the 73 uninspected centers had hundreds of violations the previous year.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?