SUNY Maritime students prepare for careers with NYC ferriesPosted: Updated:
College students at SUNY Maritime are getting ready for the next step in their lives with jobs working with New York City's ferries.
Malachi Harewood spent 100 days at sea last summer. The SUNY Maritime senior says that experience changed the way he saw the world. It also prepared him to work for Hornblower Ships in New York's harbor.
News 12 watched firsthand some of the training required to operate a ship , which includes working with heavy lines.
- Police say a 23-year-old man was shot in the hip when another man fired a gun at a group of people in Longwood Monday.
- This week's workout comes from Donna at Lifetime Athletic Club. News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen learns some moves that incorporate strength training and yoga.
- In honor of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron on August 24, 1869 - today we celebrate National Waffle Day!
- The Parks Department hosted a drive-in movie at Orchard Beach Friday night, a last hurrah for many before school starts in less than two weeks.
- More than two months after a Bronx man was killed in a hit and run, his family has yet to hear any updates about the case.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.