Morris Park neighborhood sees downed trees, lost power following stormy weatherPosted: Updated:
Residents of a Morris Park neighborhood say they were left without power for hours after a transformer blew up.
Con Edison was able to restore most of the power. One resident says he woke up hearing crashes and explosions outside of his window.
A tree branch also came down on a driveway, completely blocking it and denting a car. Residents say trees along the block have been an ongoing issue and one says they had to call the fire department to remove the downed branch.
No injuries were reported in both incidents.
- Police are searching for a suspect in connection to a shooting in Mott Haven that landed two men in the hospital Friday.Police are searching for a suspect in connection to a shooting in Mott Haven that landed two men in the hospital Friday.
- The sister of Robert Echeverria, the NYPD officer who was the ninth on the force to take his own life this year, says she's fighting for change within the department in the wake of the suicides.The sister of Robert Echeverria, the NYPD officer who was the ninth on the force to take his own life this year, says she's fighting for change within the department in the wake of the suicides.
- This week's workout comes from Donna at Lifetime Athletic Club. News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen learns some moves that incorporate strength training and yoga.
- In honor of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron on August 24, 1869 - today we celebrate National Waffle Day!
- The Parks Department hosted a drive-in movie at Orchard Beach Friday night, a last hurrah for many before school starts in less than two weeks.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.