Mount Eden tenants take action to get much-needed repairsPosted: Updated:
Tenants living at 1485 Macombs Road have once again taken legal action to try and get much-needed repairs done in their apartments.
Katia Pelrata says she is fed up with the numerous cracks, leaks and peeling paint in her second-floor apartment. She says the conditions are not good for her mom's asthma.
The tenants say not all of the repairs were completed in the previous lawsuit. It's the second time in two years that the tenants have filed a suit.
According to a representative from the city's Department of Buildings, there are 10 open violations against the Mount Eden building. Some tenants say they've been without cooking gas for six months.
The tenants' attorney says the building's owner is Robert Khomari.
The DOB issued a statment saying, "Landlords have a legal responsibility to keep their buildings up to code and safe for tenants. DOB and HPD are closely monitoring the status of the repairs at this building, and the city will continue to use all enforcement actions within its power to hold bad landlords accountable."
Tenants say they will keep the pressure on to fight for their right to have healthy and safe living conditions.
- ¿Que les espera a la generación de los millennials?¿Que les espera a la generación de los millennials?
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.