Residents complain about ongoing construction delays on Pelham ParkwayPosted: Updated:
A project to reconstruct the Pelham Parkway is starting to get under the skin of some who say it is not being executed correctly.
The reconstruction of the Pelham Parkway was originally supposed to be finished by 2021, according to Community Board 11. But the completion date for the two-phased projected has since been pushed back. The city's Department of Design and Construction says, "The project is anticipated to be completed in Spring 2023 as a result of delays while we wait for Con Edison to relocate major gas and electrical lines located under Pelham Parkway."
Al D'Angelo, the chairman of Community Board 11, is fed up. Not only with timing, but execution. He says the parkway is still laden with potholes.
"They screw up and the community suffers. They don't live there. They come to do their job and then they go home," says D'Angelo. "You know, we have to live here and deal with these streets every day."
Right now, the DDC says final restoration has begun on the roadway from Stillwell Avenue to Seymour Avenue and the entire parkway from Stillwell Avenue to White Plains Road.
- Transportation advocates are calling on the MTA and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to give Bronx bus commuters their fair share in a systemwide restructuring plan.Transportation advocates are calling on the MTA and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to give Bronx bus commuters their fair share in a systemwide restructuring plan.
- Local lawmakers met with commuters Wednesday to discuss issues they face on mass transit as part of the third annual Riders Respond Transit Tour.Local lawmakers met with commuters Wednesday to discuss issues they face on mass transit as part of the third annual Riders Respond Transit Tour.
- A lawmaker is calling out the MTA for the lack of accessibility at one of the Bronx's busiest subway stations.A lawmaker is calling out the MTA for the lack of accessibility at one of the Bronx's busiest subway stations.
- Big changes are on the way to the Major Deegan Expressway to improve the ever-present traffic problems on one stretch of the interstate.Big changes are on the way to the Major Deegan Expressway to improve the ever-present traffic problems on one stretch of the interstate.
- Montefiore Medical Center held a special event for mothers Thursday in honor of Breastfeeding Awareness Month.Montefiore Medical Center held a special event for mothers Thursday in honor of Breastfeeding Awareness Month.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
- Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.
- Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.
- A 26-year-old homeless man from West Virginia faces charges for allegedly placing two devices that resembled pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Eliot Spitzer, the former governor of New York, sat down with News 12's Tara Rosenblum to discuss everything from politics to his personal life.
- People from across New York City commemorated today with a ceremony at Brooklyn Bridge Park, as this month marks the 400th anniversary of when slaves first arrived to America.
- In honor of Woodstock's 50th anniversary, a group of people came together to recreate the iconic Woodstock bus.
- Frustrated residents near St. Mary’s Park say that the area remains filthy and abundant with needles despite the Parks Department’s confirmations of daily cleanups.