Yankees honor 90-year-old Bronx veteran as honored military guestPosted: Updated:
A two-time Bronze Star medal recipient from the Bronx was honored by the Yankees faithful Saturday afternoon.
Korean War veteran Cpl. Fred Locantore, 90, was welcomed by the team as their honored military guest during the seventh-inning stretch.
"I was born in the Bronx 90 years ago and I still live here,” he told News 12. “I'm a real Bronx boy."
He's been married to his wife Norma for 66 years.
"He does for me. I do for him and we're very happy,” she said. “We have a beautiful family and God is with us at all times.”
- This past Saturday, Billy Joel became the first inductee of Fenway Park's new Music Hall of Fame.This past Saturday, Billy Joel became the first inductee of Fenway Park's new Music Hall of Fame.
- Madre cuenta como fue que ella y su hijo fueron atacados a machetazos.Madre cuenta como fue que ella y su hijo fueron atacados a machetazos.
- City officials are putting pressure on the MTA, demanding the agency use money from its capital plan to build an elevator at the Parkchester train station.
- CBS, Viacom, and CNN parent company Warner Media both said they would stop airing e-cigarette advertising across their networks.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.