Rebuilding The Bronx
News12 New York
Where to Watch
Download the App
Local
Crime
Weather
Taking Action
beWell
The East End
Crime Files

Man arrested, charged in Sunset Park subway slashing

Police say the suspect is facing two counts of assault, as well as menacing, harassment and criminal possession of a weapon.

Edric Robinson

Dec 30, 2025, 5:36 AM

Updated

Share:

More Stories

Police say a man has been arrested and charged in connection with a violent slashing that happened at the 53rd Street R line station in Sunset Park.

According to police, 26-year-old Caleb Tolidore, of Brooklyn, was arrested Monday afternoon and charged in the attack, which happened just after 1 p.m.

Investigators say a 33-year-old man was slashed near the turnstiles during an encounter inside the station. Police tell us the victim suffered slash wounds to the neck, face and chest and was rushed to the hospital. He is listed as stable.

Tolidore was taken into custody and formally charged later that day. Police say he is facing two counts of assault, as well as menacing, harassment and criminal possession of a weapon.

The arrest comes as city leaders say crime across New York City continues to trend down. During remarks Monday, outgoing Mayor Eric Adams said overall crime is down citywide and that subway crime has dropped nearly 5% compared to last year. Officials also said 2025 is shaping up to be one of the safest years on record for the city’s transit system.

City officials stressed that even as crime numbers improve, police continue to investigate and make arrests when violence occurs.

More Stories

More From News12

App StoreGoogle Play Store

info

Newsletter

Send Photos/Videos

Contact

About Us

News Team

News 12 New York

follow us

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

more resources

Optimum Corporate

Optimum Service

Advertise on News 12

Careers

Content Removal Policy

© 2026 N12N, LLC

Privacy Policy

Terms of Service

Ad Choices