3-year-old burned after being hit by illegal fireworks in Highbridge
A 3-year-old boy was treated for burns at the hospital after being hit by an illegal firework Tuesday night in Highbridge.
Police tell News 12 the boy was watching the fireworks with his parents when one of them went through the sixth-story bedroom window, hitting him and burning his arm.
“We left and after we went downstairs they continued to throw the fireworks. My husband told them that the firework had hit my child and they kept going until five in the morning, they were still throwing them,” the child’s mother told News 12.
So far, there is no information on any arrests.
Neighbors say they are worried about the danger of all the recent fireworks.
“It’s devastating, it’s really devastating. It could have been my child, it could have been my grandchild, it could have been anybody’s child,” a neighbor told News 12.