Accused killer of 16-year-old requests bail in fear of COVID-19

Sincear Williams was only 16-years-old when he was shot to death nearly two and a half years ago after a sweet 16 party in Morris Park, and now his accused killer is requesting bail out of fear of COVID-19.

News 12 Staff

Apr 24, 2020, 2:00 AM

Updated 1,490 days ago

Share:

Sincear Williams was only 16-years-old when he was shot to death nearly two and a half years ago after a sweet 16 party in Morris Park, and now his accused killer is requesting bail out of fear of COVID-19. 
The bail hearing is set to take place Friday. Williams’ mother, Stephanie Garcia, believes the accused killer, Kameron Wallace, is using the virus as an excuse. 
The deadly shooting happened in December of 2017 outside Maestro’s Caterers. Garcia says Wallace wasn’t invited to the party but that her son was. 
Wallace is also charged with shooting another young man, a 17-year-old who survived. 
Garcia is asking people to sign a Change.org petition to prevent Wallace from being released from Rikers Island. 
 "You are a violent person. You're a menace to society. You took a life, a 16-year-old's life. My son didn't do anything to you. He didn't even know you and you shot and killed him,” said Garcia. 
Earlier this month, the mayor’s office announced that more than 1,500 inmates were released from city jails because of concerns with COVID-19 spreading. 
However, the majority were jailed on less serious offenses. Garcia is hoping that isn’t the case with Wallace because of the severity of the charges he’s facing.
undefined
 
 


More from News 12