Borough President Gibson hosts fire safety education workshop at Bronx Zoo
A free fire safety education workshop will be held at the Bronx Zoo on Saturday.
Hosted by Bronx Borough President Vanessa Gibson in partnership with the FDNY, the workshop is part of a series that will equip Bronx residents with the resources they need to stay safe.
According to the FDNY, the first fire of 2024 in New York City was started by a lithium-ion battery.
Saturday’s workshop begins at 11 a.m. and will run until 2 p.m. Attendees will also receive free admission to the Bronx Zoo and access to one free exhibit.