FDNY: 8 hospitalized in carbon monoxide scare at Melrose church

Authorities say eight people were hospitalized when crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide emergency in Melrose Sunday.

News 12 Staff

Dec 22, 2019, 10:39 PM

Updated 1,615 days ago

Share:

Authorities say eight people were hospitalized when crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide emergency in Melrose Sunday.
Con Edison says it happened on Third Avenue at a storefront church that was using space heaters.
News 12 is told there was also a broken water heater in the building's basement.
Fire officials say one person was treated at the scene and eight others were taken to New York City Health + Hospitals/Jacobi.
Con Edison says gas was shut down to the building as crews investigated.


More from News 12