FDNY: Lithium-ion battery found in aftermath of Bronx apartment fire

Families are without a home due to a fire that ripped through their apartment building Wednesday morning in the Bronx, the FDNY says.
Fire officials responded to a fire at a three-story apartment building along East 225th Street. According to firefighters, the fire started on the second floor and a lithium-ion battery was at the scene.
Council members planned to introduce several pieces of legislation on lithium-ion battery safety Wednesday.
The American Red Cross says at least six families have been displaced and that it is working to provide them with shelter.