Firefighters tackle large house fire in Bushwick; 1 person critical

A massive fire ripped through a Bushwick home Tuesday morning injuring two people.  
The FDNY were dispatched to 14 Goodwin Pl. at around 4:41 a.m. for a 3-alarm fire. One person is in critical condition and another was reported to have a minor injury.
Fire officials have determined that the fire started due to a combination of e-bikes and lithium ion batteries at the scene. They say they found approximately 50 of these batteries, and many were left charging and unattended.
One person is in critical condition and another was reported to have a minor injury. FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanaugh weighed in on the discovery of these batteries at the scene, and how New Yorkers can avoid large fires such as this one. 
"When these catch on fire, they burst into flames and there’s almost no way out of your room, or out of your apartment," said Kavanaugh. "We urge people not to tamper with the devices or the batteries. This is an incredibly dangerous issue that we’re coming at from every angle to make sure that our members and the public are safe.”
According to the FDNY, this fire marks the 24th one this year that was caused by this type of battery.