Learn about the 7 common symptoms and signs of breast cancer
The earlier breast cancer is diagnosed, the better the chance of successful treatment. So it's important to check your breasts regularly, and see your doctor if you notice a change.
The warning signs of breast cancer are not the same for all women.
Here are seven of the most common signs:
1. A change in the look (size/shape) or feel of the breast.
2. A change in the look or feel of the nipple, for example it has become pulled in (inverted).
3. Rash or crusting around the nipple.
4. Nipple discharge.
5. A lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit – you might feel the lump but not see it.
6. A change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling.
7. A change in the color of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed.
Can't afford to get a mammogram? Click here for eight places to get low-cost or free mammograms.
More information on breast cancer warning signs: