NYC officials share safety tips for upcoming Pride events, gatherings
The mayor's office is encouraging New Yorkers and those visiting the city to have a safety plan for official Pride events and other activities this month.
The Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes shared these safety tips to celebrate Pride and protect the LGBTQ+ community.
- Make a safety plan with your trusted circle
- Travel in groups - do not let a friend wander off alone
- Be aware of your surroundings
- If you met someone new, meet in a public space to protect yourself
- Let your friends know where you are and be sure to check in with them
- Protect your personal information
- Trust your instincts