Police: 3 Bay Shore children treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Suffolk police say three children were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after they were exposed at a Bay Shore home Saturday.
They say officers responded to a 911 call of a carbon monoxide alarm at a house on Lincoln Boulevard in Bay Shore at 12:10 p.m.
Authorities say carbon monoxide detectors alerted first responders to high levels of the gas in the basement and first floors of the home. They say the carbon monoxide came from the furnace vent, which was not functioning correctly.
The residents of the house, one woman and her nine children, were evacuated prior to police arrival.
While outside of the house, a 4-year-old girl, a 6-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl began exhibiting signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. They were treated on the scene and transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, police say.
The other six children, who ranged from 18 months to 15 years old, and their mother, were evaluated on the scene and not injured.