SplishSplashFun’s reusable water balloons recalled due to ingestion hazard

Officials say the magnets inside of the balloons can cause perforations or blockage of the intestines if ingested.

News 12 Staff

Dec 7, 2023, 5:41 PM

Updated 190 days ago

Share:

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a recall of SplishSplashFun’s SplishSplash Balls Reusable Water Balloons due to an ingestion hazard.
Officials say the magnets inside of the balloons can cause perforations or blockage of the intestines if ingested.
An estimated 2,400 magnet ingestions were treated in emergency departments between 2017 and 2021, according to CPSC. Seven deaths have also been reported.


More from News 12