Stressed about working from home? Tips to help you work from home effectively
Are you having a hard time working from home? Are your kids and pets keeping you distracted from doing your work? Here are some tips to help you alleviate the stress of working from home!
1. Create a space to work - It's important to section off an area in your house solely dedicated to work. That could be in the kitchen, an empty room or even the couch. Anywhere where you won't just be motivated to work, but also consider if the environment is comfortable to work in.
2. Try to keep your kids or pets busy, but there may be distractions - Most children are home from school right now. The best method to keep your kids at bay is to try to explain the situation to them, or create activities that can keep them busy for long periods of time. Creating a rewards system for doing things like chores or reading may work!
3. Stay connected to coworkers - The toughest part about isolation is that you don't get to speak directly to your coworkers, which could delay the process of getting things done. You can always stay connected through messaging or video chatting, even if you aren't talking about work 24/7.
4. Get up and stretch! - One of the most important parts about working from home is keeping your body active. Remember to get up, stretch and occasionally walk around to make sure the blood is still flowing.
5. Take your regularly scheduled break - It may be hard to look away from the computer when you're working from home, but taking breaks is important. You can make yourself lunch, take your dog out for a quick walk or watch an episode of your favorite TV show.
6. We're all in this together - Remember that everyone is going through a similar situation as you are right now. If you're feeling claustrophobic, talk to a coworker, a friend, a family member or even a professional. We'll get through this together as long as we practice good sanitizing habits and social distancing!
Are you working from home? We want to see your photos. Click here to share them with us!