What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's roasted chicken thighs with artichoke and leek
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make roasted chicken thighs with artichoke and leek.
Lemons - 5 slices
Chicken Thighs (bone-in) - 2 lbs.
Garlic Cloves - 6 cloves
Leeks (cut in half-moons) - 1 ea.
Marinated Stem on Artichokes (halved) - 3 ea.
Thyme - 6 sprigs
Olive Oil - ½ cup
Lemon Juice - 2 tbs.
Salt - ½ tsp.
Pepper - ¼ tsp.
1. Place chicken thighs into a large bowl.
2. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, thyme and garlic cloves to the bowl.
3. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Place chicken thighs skin side down onto a parchment lined sheet pan with the garlic cloves and thyme.
5. Roast for 25 minutes in a preheated 425-degree oven.
6. While the chicken is cooking, sauté the leeks in olive oil until translucent and set aside.
7. Remove Chicken from oven and flip thighs to skin side up.
8. Add the leeks and artichokes and roast for an additional 25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Garnish with lemon slices, fresh thyme and parsley.