What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace Zucchini and corn salad
Chef Vinny Oliveri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make zucchini and corn salad.
2 large zucchini
4 ears of corn in the husk
2 bunch of scallion
½ bunch basil
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 TBS kosher salt
2 TSP black pepper
1. Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, drizzle with half of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, grill faced down, rotate and grill to achieve cross marks. Flip zucchini and cook skin side until zucchini slightly wilts. Zucchini should be firm to the touch when removed from grill. Allow to cool.
2. Wash scallions, cut bottom off, and remove a bit of the green from the top. Drizzle with olive oil season with salt and pepper and grill scallions 3 minutes each side. Once removed from grill chop scallions and set aside.
3. Leave corn in husk, roast in preheated 450-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove corn from husk, cool first and then remove corn from cob.
4. Tear zucchini by hand into ¼ inch to ½ inch pieces, combine with chopped grilled scallions and corn in large mixing bowl.
5. Add remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper into mixing bowl with zucchini.
6. Tear basil leaves reserving some whole for garnish. Toss together with veg.
7. Garnish with basil leaves.