Witnesses blame e-bike explosion for fire that tore through an East New York apartment

Witnesses say the fire on Blake Avenue started after an e-bike exploded inside the apartment.

News 12 Staff

Jun 16, 2023, 10:04 PM

Updated 337 days ago

Share:

Authorities say a fire tore through an East New York apartment at 775 Blake Ave. Friday.
They say it happened just before 11:30 a.m. on the first floor.
Witnesses say the fire started after an e-bike exploded inside the apartment.
Officials say three people were inside, including a child. No one was seriously injured.
One eyewitness tells News 12 he jumped into action when he saw that people were trapped inside.
"I went inside and broke the apartment door, but there was already too much smoke, so they couldn't get out from there," says Eladio. So, we came back out and broke the window from outside"
Authorities have not confirmed the cause of the fire.


More from News 12