Seniors fearful for safety after multiple robberies

Some seniors who live in the Bronx say they are fearful for their safety after two more seniors were robbed in the borough.



On Sept. 10, a 70-year-old man was robbed of his gold chains on the Grand Concourse. A 66-year-old woman was robbed of her cellphone on Bronx River Avenue Wednesday.



Before these incidents, a number of other robberies took place within the last month, including one involving a woman who had her purse snatched while she sat in her wheelchair.



Elaine Hall says she wants more patrols and that she now walks with her purse wrapped around her body in fear of being robbed.



"I've told the seniors around here that we need to organize ourselves and protest and march," she says. 'They are young kids, you know. They think robbing is the best thing, but it's not. It's not nice."



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."