Claremont HS evacuated after gas leak scare

Students and faculty were evacuated from a Claremont high school Wednesday morning after a gas leak scare.



Officials say they were called to the Validus Preparatory Academy on Bathgate Avenue a little after 10 a.m.



They say a Bunsen burner was left on in a second-floor chemistry classroom, causing a gas odor to spread throughout the building.



The all-clear was given around 11 a.m., and everyone was let back into the building.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."