Apartment fire displaces Faile Street family

Fire destroyed a Bronx family's Faile Street apartment Wednesday morning.



The fire spread from outdoor garbage into the window of the apartment at 647 Faile St. near Spoffard Avenue, witnesses say.



Other tenants of the building say they've been fighting with management for months about the piles of trash outside. The building's management did not immediately reply to a News 12 request for comment.



Firefighters say it took around 25 minutes to control the flames. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."